Big advantage of the dental implant is once a tooth is taken out of bone, the bone figures it's not needed, so it slowly melts away over the years. If we can get on that a bit earlier, and we can place an implant in there, that keeps us from losing bone. That's a big thing. Bone is the name of the game with implants. We have to have good bone to put those implants into. If we have that, that's like the foundation of the house, if we have that, we can place an implant. The nice thing about implants is that right now our best ones are titanium, they don't get decay in them. You still have to clean around them, because that's about the only way they fail is if you get gum infection around them. That will get them infected like anything. They don't get cavities in them, and they're real solid. They stay put, they don't move around, and you can chew, you can floss, you can do everything just like you had your tooth back again.
Losing your smile due to a missing tooth is a hard thing to deal with. You find yourself second-guessing how to respond to something funny, happy, or exciting. Your smile is meant to be free, and Dr. Boyle can help make it that way again. With dental implants from Dr. Tab A. Boyle, DDS, you can regain the full smile that left when you lost your tooth. There will be no need to doubt your smile ever again. Replace your missing tooth or group of teeth, call us at 661-524-8457 to schedule your dental implants Lancaster, CA area appointment with Dr. Boyle.
Understanding Dental Implants
One of the first things you need to understand about dental implants is that they are not replacement teeth. Dental implants are replacement tooth roots, and they have a replacement tooth, bridge, or denture placed on top of them. That is how they give you your smile back. Dental implants have a unique feature that makes them ideal for replacing natural tooth roots. This feature is called osseointegration, or the process of the implant fusing with your jawbone. This gives them the ability to provide superior stability. Fusion with the bone also helps them stave off bone deterioration that accompanies the loss of your natural teeth. These two characteristics make dental implants a wonderful choice when it comes to helping you restore your smile.
What Implant Options Does Dr. Boyle Offer?
There are two types of dental implants available at Tab A. Boyle, DDS.
- Traditional – This is a standard dental implant. Recommended for use in nearly every area of your mouth, you will enjoy stability and function that is rivaled only by your real teeth.
- Mini Dental Implants – The mini dental implant is smaller in gauge than the traditional dental implant. This means the procedure to place them is less invasive and will lead to a shorter recovery time. The one drawback is that this type of dental implant is sometimes not recommended for use on the upper part of your mouth. Regardless, Dr. Boyle will help you decide which option is best suited for your situation.
There are also several ways dental implants can be used to replace teeth, including:
- All-on-4 – By placing four dental implants in your jaw with two in the back angled, a whole row of replacement teeth can be supported. This means less surgery and less healing time, and you still enjoy the benefits of unmatched stability and bone-loss prevention that come with dental implants.
- All-on-6 – This procedure is just like the All-on-4, but instead of four implants, six are used. Dr. Boyle will evaluate your situation and develop a treatment plan that will take care of your specific problem. Call our office today to set up your consultation.
I had a root canal and I guess you could say a root canal that went bad. I checked with the doctor that did the root canal to find out what was going on. After he checked it, he said the only logical solution was to have an implant done, which Dr. Boyle suggested. Being my age, I remember the old days of dentistry, so the modern days of dentistry are much better than the old days of dentistry. You don't even feel the shot that puts the painkiller in your gums. It's much easier than it used to be, much, much easier. Dr. Boyle is very talented in what he does, seems to be well-educated, his bedside manner is very good. It's very pleasant to come here and talk to him about your dental procedures and what he's going to do and what it can do to help you and what you can expect when the procedure is completed.
- Single Implant Placement – One tooth, one implant – it is really that simple. You lose a tooth, and a single dental implant will be placed to fill the gap. A replacement tooth, or crown, will be custom made to match your smile and get you back on the road quickly.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – Providing you with the stability of dental implants and the full arch of teeth that dentures provide, implant-retained dentures will give you the smile you have been wanting.
- Implant-Supported Bridges – These will give you the look of a natural smile, the stability of dental implants, and the ability to fill the gap left by a few lost teeth or entire arch. They will help strengthen your jawbone as the force from chewing is distributed to your bone, not your gums.
Are Dental Implants A Better Choice Than Dentures?
Implants are a different choice than dentures. Each option has its own uses. Many times, dental implants and dentures are combined into one treatment plan, such as with implant-retained and implant-supported dentures. Dentures allow for many replacement teeth to be placed at one time without the invasive approach of putting in a dental implant for each missing tooth. This drastically cuts down the amount of surgery and the accompanying recovery time needed. And with our same-day smile procedure, you may be able to leave the office with your permanent restoration placed on your dental implant!
I don't have any teeth on the bottom and partly is, because I didn't take good care of them. I was not excited about having implants put in, because they take awhile. It's not something that happens overnight.
Then I got an advertisement from Dr. Boyle that he sent out. I read about mini implants and I talked to my regular dentist, he made the comment that he felt Dr. Boyle was a very good doctor.
I made the appointment and came in and he was very informative, he told me exactly what would have to be done. I liked it, because I came in, went to sleep, and when I woke up it was all done.
It was a very pleasant experience and I would recommend it and Dr. Boyle's office. We’re at that point where now we can put in the implants, the suction that goes on them. Hopefully, I'll be able to eat without my denture moving. That was what I'm looking forward to. I haven't been able to eat meat, because I couldn't chew, so that's what I'm hoping that this will do for me.
They've been very polite and encouraging, but like I said I would recommend Dr. Boyle's office. They've been very, very kind to me.
Giving you confidence in your smile is what Dr. Boyle wants to do. If you need help regaining your smile, call our Lancaster, CA office today at 661-524-8457 to schedule your appointment. You can schedule your appointment with our online form as well, and one of our staff will be happy to reach out and connect with you. Contact us and get your smile back.