Most people think of cosmetic dentistry as designed to beautify a person’s smile. But did you know that cosmetic dentistry options like dental veneers can also strengthen and protect your teeth?
Common Cosmetic Teeth Problems
Life can be hard on a person’s teeth. Foods and beverages can stain your enamel. Teeth can chip, leaving an unsightly and uncomfortable edge. The fronts of your teeth seem to crack for no good reason, and those cracks are repositories for stains. Some teeth just aren’t as regular as other teeth, and the misshapen tooth or teeth becomes the focal point of your smile. And some teeth just refuse to line up with the others.
These are all cosmetic problems that can be expertly addressed by Tab S. Boyle, DDS. Not only can you have a gorgeous smile, you can also have stronger teeth with dental veneers!
About Dental Veneers
Dental veneers are extremely thin shells of porcelain or a composite material that are bonded to the fronts of your teeth. The natural-looking shells are created to match the shade of your teeth, so they blend seamlessly into your smile.
Dr. Boyle offers two types of very thin veneers, both of which can create a brilliant but very natural appearance.
- e.max Porcelain – A porcelain veneer that is thinner than traditional porcelain veneers, e.max veneers retain their strength and durability for many years of trouble-free smiles.
- Lumineers – Made from a special kind of ceramic, Lumineers are also much thinner than traditional veneers. Lumineers have the added benefit of not always requiring tooth preparation before being placed.
After performing an examination, Dr. Boyle will discuss the advantages of each of these veneers. Together, you’ll choose the type that will help you meet your smile goals.
Dental Veneers Conceal What You Don’t Like
Veneers can conceal a wide range of smile flaws.
- If you have one or more cracked or chipped teeth, dental veneers will restore a flawless appearance and protect against further damage
- Stained teeth that won’t respond to whitening treatments are usually due to certain medications taken in childhood. Veneers will cover and conceal the stains perfectly.
- A misshapen tooth in your smile can make you self-conscious and reluctant to smile or laugh. Veneers can make that tooth blend seamlessly into your smile.
- Gaps between teeth are unsightly. Veneers placed to either side of a gap will give you a flawless appearance.
- Misaligned teeth detract from your smile. Cover them with dental veneers that people will only notice for its beauty.
Are you ready to learn more about how dental veneers can give you the smile you’ve always wanted?
The cosmetic dentistry experts at Tab A. Boyle, DDS look forward to giving you a smile that you’ll be delighted to show.